Dear members,

I want some information on growing apples under mild winter conditions or
subtropical conditions.

I had once worked on a project like this here in India 40 years back.  At that
time alongwith US varieties like Tropical Beauty , we had also tried varieties
from Israel like Vered, Naomi, Tamar etc.  The trial did not give good results
and most trees were severely affected by various diseases.  The fruits were
small and not at marketable in competition to regular apples.

What is the present situation.  Have any new varieties been developed?

Dr. Chiranjit Parmar
www.fruitipedia.com