Hi Con,

The U.S. Apple Association's Apple Crop Outlook and Marketing Conference
in August presented a forecast of this year's U.S. apple crop. The
September/October issue of American/Western Fruit Grower included a
story about the conference, as well as the crop forecast. You can find
the article at the link below. Within the article, you will also find a
link to a chart (in a PDF format) with detailed information from states
and regions within the U.S.

http://www.americanfruitgrower.com/articles/afg_200809_p28.html
<http://www.americanfruitgrower.com/articles/afg_200809_p28.html>

Hope this helps! If you need more info, I'm sure others on this list can
provide comments from their specific regions.

Brian Sparks
Group Editor: American/Western Fruit Grower, American
  Vegetable Grower, Florida Grower magazines
Meister Media Worldwide
37733 Euclid Ave.
Willoughby, OH 44094
440-942-2000 ext. 141; fax 440-942-0662