Midwest Apple Improvement Association

*Making Good Apples Great!
*
2010 Annual Meeting

*Date*: *Monday January 4, 2010**
*

*Meeting Location**:
Conference Motel:  *

Kentury Fruit/Vegetable Conference                                Embassy
Suites Hotel

1801 Newtown Pike                                                          1801
Newtown Pike

Lexington, KY 40511
    Lexington,
KY 40511

Ph. 859-455-5000

Or 1-800-EMBASSY

Directions to motel.  Take Exit 115 off I-64/75 and go west on Newtown Pike..
The Embassy is the right just after you exit the interstate.

We have a rate of $109.00 per night that includes an Evening Managers
reception with drinks and a full cooked-to-order breakfast daily.  When
making reservations *mention that it is for the Kentucky Fruit and Vegetable
Conference.*                        *
                                       *

*Registration* - $30.00 per person payable to Kentucky Fruit & Vegetable
Conference and mail by December 20, 2009 to:

Mary Ann Kelley

UK Research Center

PO Box 469

Princeton, KY 42445

*Sunday January 3, 2010
*

    6:00 pm – 7:00 pm – MAIA Directors Meeting (Motel Lobby)

    7:00 pm – 9:00 pm – Roundtable Growers Discussion
Monday January 4, 2010

     8:30 am – 12 noon – *Kentucky Horticulture Program*

     1:00 pm – 5:00 pm *– Joint UK Fruit/MAIA session.      **        *

*MAIA Speakers include:*

   1. *MAIA Update and Future – *Mitch Lynd of Lynd Fruit Farm**
   2. *Managing Dwarf Apples by Benign Neglect – *Dick Wander, Lynd Fruit
   Farm**
   3. *Evaluation Protocol of New Apples of IFO – *Emmanuel de Lapparent,
   General Manager - IFO Fruit International of France
   4. *MAIA Apple Evaluations* – Diane Miller of Ohio State University

(Note.  There will be an opportunity to sample advanced selections of MAIA
apples.)

      For detailed information go to http://www.kyvga.org/meetings.html to
view the entire program

     *We look forward to seeing you in early January!!***