My HC's are devastated by hornets again this year, about 25% have holes,hornets
feeding, they only like the sweet apples,not even touching Jonathan, have found
two nests and torched them, these are black with white markings, I'm thinking I
will spray my rows (after picking) with Pounce to kill the ones feeding, maybe
they will take some back to the nests. I have some Nox Out I've tried with cat
food bait but little effect, I wonder if a person could watch them and find
their nests? Does anyone have any ideas? These pests are never even mentioned
in the spray books. They are a big problem in growing HC, they attack way
before coloring or ripening. Lee Elliott, Apple Hill of Scott Co. Illinois