I have used it and it is briefly referenced in our New England Tree
Fruit Management Guide:

http://fruit.umext.umass.edu/2011netfmg/8-weed.pdf

It works solely as a local contact herbicide. Best results are
achieved with the higher rate, and then it becomes quite expensive.
As Win alluded, other products probably give you better and quicker
burn-down, i.e., Gramoxone, Rely.

Jon

2012/2/14 Peter Werts <pwe...@ipminstitute.org>:
> Hello All,
>

> Has anyone used Scythe (pelargonic acid) for control of root suckers on
> apple trees?  It is labeled for this use and for burn-down control of both
> annual and perennial broadleaves and grasses. I find no references at all to
> this product in the New England, Mid-Atlantic, Cornell and Michigan fruit
> crop management guides.
>

> I would be interested in anecdotal information from growers who have used
> this product and any comments from Extension and land-grant researchers on
> effectiveness and appropriate use of this product, as no information exists
> beyond what is published on the label.
>

> Thanks,
>

> Peter
>

> =============================