Bill:

No, fish oil is not among the offending residues; mancozeb is probably the worst I have. So you think an electric 2000psi, 1.4gpm rig, with a nearby fast hot water heater would do the job? Or maybe even with cold water? I like your suggestion on use of spray oil. It might work as well against mancozeb.
Thanks.
David

On Mar 6, 2012, at 5:10 PM, Fleming, William wrote:

A $150 washer from Home Depot works for me. I use hot water from a building that has a water heater.
Hot water makes a lot of difference.
But now if you’re using fish oil everything changes, that stuff is harder to get off than most paint. What I finally figured out to do with fish oil was to paint the entire sprayer and tractors with spray oil before fishing season started. After the season was over the spray oil washed off easily with the pressure washer and soap taking the fish oil with it.

Bill Fleming
Montana State University
Western Ag Research Center
580 Quast Ln
Corvallis, Montana
406-961-3025
Cell- 406-529-2409

-----Original Message-----
From: apple-crop-boun...@virtualorchard.net [mailto:apple-crop- boun...@virtualorchard.net] On Behalf Of David Kollas
Sent: Tuesday, March 06, 2012 10:27 AM
To: Apple-crop discussion list
Subject: [apple-crop] pressure washers

Northern Tool and Equipment lists pressure washers from under $200
to several thousand dollars.
Would anyone care to advise on needed pressure, gallons per minute,
and hot versus cold water, or other
considerations in choosing a system to clean exterior surfaces on air-
blast sprayer and tractor after each
day's orchard spraying?

I am looking for an easier/better way to replace garden hose and brush.

David Kollas
Kollas Orchard
Tolland, CT