That said, we've always been told "the label is the law", and when you
apply materials below labeled rate, you are on your own in terms of
efficacy. Assume that manufacturer will assume no responsibility for damage
if rate applied is below minimum stated on label.

I'm confident that we are close to having the technology available to
deliver an accurate dose to our trees that will take account of the many
factors that influence the effectiveness of our production enhancing
materials. Tree row volume being one component. Past, current and predicted
weather, stage of growth, pest density, intended market, etc, etc, all
influence optimal target rate of material per acre to be applied.

Maurice Tougas
Tougas Family Farm
Northborough, MA 01532

On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 8:36 PM, Arthur Kelly <kellyorcha...@gmail.com>wrote:

> My understanding is it is both.  X ounces of pesticide per 100 gal of
> water and then TRV calculation and # of gals per acre.
>
> Art Kelly
> Kelly Orchards
> Acton, ME
>
> On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 12:21 PM, Peter Werts <pwe...@ipminstitute.org>wrote:
>
>>  Hi All, ****
>>
>> ** **
>>
>> Has anyone come across Extension articles or peer reviewed work which
>> discuss the use of Tree Row Volume (TRV) applications and this age old
>> question: is it the amount of pesticide or water that changes when using
>> TRV, especially where TRV application rates are below manufacture labeled
>> rates for neonicotinoids, diamides, spinosyns and etc?     ****
>>
>> ** **
>>
>> ** **
>>
>> ** **