I'm guessing you don't have Bud 9, because some people complain that they
have too little vigor. Many plant this rootstock 2x11 to fill the space.
Bud 9 has red or maroon leaves, you can see this with the suckers. I have
most of my trees on Bud 9, but they seem to grow slowly here in western
Montana. We have about a 115 day growing season and I'm looking for a cold
weather rootstock with more vigor. As an aside, I've read that 118 has few
if any suckers. I'm thinking (and hoping) that tightly packed Bud 118 will
have less vigor do to competition for root space.