Hi Matt,

I currently own a Mankar P-50 walk behind sprayer. It was purchased for a small Christmas tree plantation. A few of the larger Christmas tree growers here in MN use them with good results. However, some conifers when the new growth has hardened are tolerant to glyphosate so I never noticed drift being an issue. I've never used it in the orchard for fear of glyphosate damage. We had a couple rows of Honeycrisp that had smaller, stunted leaves due to glyphosate damage with a normal handgun sprayer. I refuse to use it in the orchard ever again.

The Mankar walk behind sprayer does get quite tiring to push it over large acreages especially in the summer while it is hot and the tall weeds cause resistance on the spray hood. Also, I always wear a pair of Tyvek coveralls and chem boots as walking behind it all day does cause chemical to build up on clothing even though only a small amount is emitted. It does not have a problem killing weeds several feet tall.

Cheers,

Nick Lucking
Cannon Valley Orchard
Cannon Falls, MN