Hello all, some of you know I’m involved in the development of some aspects of
the RIMpro apple disease software (Marc Trapman, Bio Fruit Advies, NL). We are
currently playing with the Fire Blight module
(http://www.actahort.org/books/896/896_43.htm) and we are looking for cases of
fire blight to test the system and fine tune it.

I know a number of orchards in the East were hit with fire blight in 2014, so I
thought maybe we could learn something from these cases and historical cases.

We don’t need much, but the information would be VERY appreciated.

Specifically:

- We are only interested in orchards where fire blight occurs, albeit
sporadically. We want to insure inoculum is present for the years of the study.

- For those sites, we would like to know the years with BLOSSOM fire blight. I
understand there is always a bit of canker blight that lingers, but we need to
know about blossom blight years. Any indication of severity is welcome, but not
so crucial.

-Conversely, we need to know about years without blossom blight.

- Any years “unsure” = because of confusion between the type of blight (canker,
blossom, summer trauma) are not so useful.

- Cultivars that were hit in the blossom blight years and approximate blossom
dates for those cultivars (on that year) would be VERY helpful.

If you have information but don’t have a weather file = it’s ok. We can find
that.

You can send the info on my email address. All data received will be made
anonymous in the analysis.

thank you in advance for any information you can provide!

best regards,

Vincent

PS = it’s too cold for pruning anyhow. ;-)

Cheers from Quebec, (0°F or -18°C whichever you prefer). The good news is,
powdery mildew shouldn’t be a problem in 2015!)

Vincent Philion, agr., M.Sc.
Microbiologiste/Phytopathologiste (pomiculture)

Institut de recherche et de développement en agro-environnement
Research and Development Institute for the Agri-Environment

www.irda.qc.ca<http://www.irda.qc.ca>

Centre de recherche
335, Rang des Vingt-Cinq Est
Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville (Québec)  J3V 0G7

vincent.phil...@irda.qc.ca<mailto:vincent.phil...@irda.qc.ca>

Bureau: 450 653-7368 poste 350
Cellulaire: 514-623-8275
Skype: VENTURIA
Télécopie: 450 653-1927

Verger expérimental
330, Rang des vingt-cinq Est
Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville (Québec)  J3V 4P6
Téléphone et télécopieur : 450 653-8375
Local pesticide: 450-653-7608