Yes, it is relatively high density, Spencer and Honeycrisp on M26 at 5 X15.
The limbs average about 2" in diameter and the leader is around 3".  Some of
the trees have 2-3 of these large limbs.  When I pruned them in 2014 and pruned
out the highest big limb I often got a vigorous upright shoot that I don't
think is going to make a suitable renewal limb.  We are talking random trees so
the task of maybe spreading these shoots is easily overlooked.  I was thinking
that if I pruned out the lowest big limb that maybe there would be a little
more suppression of that renewal shoot and it would grow at a wider angle and
less vigorously.
'