On Tue, 25 Jul 2006, Steve Hay wrote:

Yes, that works for me! I tried the individual test and the whole test suite dozens of times over and didn't get a single failure. I'm not sure how it makes any difference, though, or exactly what it does. I searched the whole of my httpd-2.2.2 folder and only found one use of it (actually, of its new name, APR_FOPEN_SHARELOCK) relating to sdbm files. What am I missing?

I'm baffled now, too - as far as I can see too, apr
only uses APR_FOPEN_SHARELOCK in sdbm files, and neither
mod_perl nor librapreq2 seems to use it. But it does
make a difference - although I don't see as many
failures as you do, without APR_FOPEN_SHARELOCK I
definitely get temp files left over.

Is the change safe, or does it introduce any security issues with temporary spool files being shared somehow?

That I'm not sure of, especially now that I'm not sure
what it's affecting ...

--
best regards,
Randy