Philip M. Gollucci wrote:
Please download, test, and report back on the following
candidate tarball:

http://people.apache.org/~pgollucci/apreq2/libapreq2-2.09-rc1.tar.gz

All tests OK on Win32 (on a single run, at least--I'm not sure if the previous problems with upload.t have gone away or not) using perl-5.8.8 and apache-2.2.2.

It took me a while to get it to work, though. It kept falling over part of the way through the tests complaining that C:\apache2\bin\Apache.exe could not be found (which is correct!--it is now called C:\apache2\bin\httpd.exe in 2.2.2).

It turns out that it was getting this old path from an old Apache/TestConfigData.pm file that was left over in my perl5/site/lib folder, presumably from some time ago when I was using apache-2.0.x.

I simply blew away the old TestConfigData.pm file, ran the tests again and all was well (with a new, updated TestConfigData.pm being generated along the way).

mod_perl-2.0.3-rc1 didn't have this problem when I tested that with the same old perl5 directory a little earlier today, so I'm not sure what libapreq's problem was.

Would it be sensible for {mod_perl|Apache-Test|libapreq} (delete as appropriate!) to delete any old TestConfigData.pm file when installing a new version of one of those packages?

Radan Computational Ltd.

The information contained in this message and any files transmitted with it are
confidential and intended for the addressee(s) only. If you have received this
message in error or there are any problems, please notify the sender
immediately. The unauthorized use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this
message is strictly forbidden. Note that any views or opinions presented in
this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent
those of Radan Computational Ltd. The recipient(s) of this message should check
it and any attached files for viruses: Radan Computational will accept no