Jonathan Vanasco <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On Apr 15, 2007, at 6:12 PM, Joe Schaefer wrote:
>
>> Try configuring with --enable-maintainer-mode set, and watch
>> for compile-time warnings when library/util.c is compiled.
>
> with --enable-maintainer-mode set, make fails on this:
>
> gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../../include -I/usr/local/apache2/
> include -I/usr/local/apache2/include -I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2/
> include -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/apr/include -DDARWIN -
> DSIGPROCMASK_SETS_THREAD_MASK -no-cpp-precomp -g -O2 -Werror -Wall -
> Wmissing-prototypes -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -
> Wwrite-strings -Wcast-qual -Wfloat-equal -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -
> Wbad-function-cast -Wsign-compare -Waggregate-return -Wmissing-
> noreturn -Wmissing-format-attribute -Wpacked -Wredundant-decls -
> Wnested-externs -Wdisabled-optimization -Wno-long-long -Wendif-labels
> -Wcast-align -fno-strict-aliasing -MT handle.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/ handle.Tpo
> -c handle.c  -fno-common -DPIC -o .libs/handle.o
> cc1: warnings being treated as errors
> In file included from handle.c:20:
> /usr/local/apache2/include/http_config.h:145: warning: function declaration
> isn't a prototype

Interesting, but not relevant here.  The library and tests should've
all compiled successfully before reaching this point.

> /usr/local/apache2/include/http_config.h is v 2.059 -- the latest build
>
>       typedef const char *(*cmd_func) ();
>
>> If that doesn't help, it might be worthwhile to figure out
>> what the actual error is in the failing apreq_decode test.
>> When you do % make, that should build a library/t/util binary
>> that you can run from the command line, which will show the
>> raw output of the tests.  If that doesn't give enough info,
>> add AT_trace_on() to the source code right before the failing
>> tests, recompile, and run the tests again.

> not ok 36 - apreq_decode(expect, &elen, src3, sizeof(src3) -1) == APR_SUCCESS,
> as integers # at (util.c:109) test 5 in test_charset_divine

For reasons which escape me, the diagnostics precede each test, so we
need the see the stuff in front of that line as well.

> # testing: apreq_charset_divine(expect, elen) == APREQ_CHARSET_CP1252, as
> integers (util.c:111)
> #  format: %d
> #    left: 0
> #   right: 0

Hmm, may need an %u there instead of a %d.  Otherwise
I don't see what it's complaining about.

--
Joe Schaefer