After reviewing the RELEASE files for 1.x and 2.x, I'd like to propose
that we clean them up a bit (though I don't forsee any more 1.3
releases, we may as well get it in at the same time as 2.x)

I won't summarize the current orders of operation (see [1] and [2]), but
here's what I'd like to see happen:

1) Create a release branch 1.x/2.x in /branches/
2) In trunk, modify the CHANGES and STATUS files to reflect a new dev cycle
3) From the branch, prep the release for CPAN (don't forget to #undef
the APREQ_VERSION_IS_DEV macro definition).  Test.  Upload.  Vote.
Repeat if needed.
4) AFTER the release is approved by the PMC, modify the RELEASE and
STATUS files on branch + commit.  Modify in trunk + commit.
5) Tag release from branch (svn mv .../branches/xxx .../tags/xxx)
6) Upload (release)

Let me know what you think:

[ ] Leave everything alone
[ ] Change 1.x RELEASE file
[ ] Change 2.x RELEASE file

(if you agree to changing both, please +1 both of the bottom two options)

  Issac

[1] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/apreq/trunk/build/RELEASE
[2] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/apreq/branches/1.x/RELEASE