Hi Manuel,

Manuel A. Fernandez Montecelo wrote:
If I select a package for reinstallation by pressing "L" in the TUI and
then press 2x "g", the package will be reinstalled.

Afterwards at "Press Return to continue, 'q' followed by Return to
quit."  I press <Enter> (not Ctrl-C) and it still lists that package for
reinstallation.

Hmmm, I cannot reproduce it

Meh. Ok, I'll dig up some more details which could be related:

* The packages in question are aptitude, aptitude-common,
aptitude-dbgsym and aptitude-doc-en 0.8-1. I wanted to reinstall
them because I had initially installed a self-built copy of it.
Haven't tested other packages yet, but will.
[...]
Hrm, maybe it's related to respectively only happens due to the new
"aptitude can't uninstall aptitude" feature?

If you put the locally built packages in some dir that it's added to
apt's sources-list, I think that this is a problem that happens
independently of being "aptitude" packages -- packages with same file
names but different hashes, and libapt/aptitude somehow prefering one
over the other.

(I have the gut feeling that solving these cases cleanly, reinstall or
not, is an unsolvable problem in general).

If you have them outside source.list's dirs and install them with
e.g. dpkg or "apt local install", then I don't know.

I tried reinstalling {aptitude,aptitude-common}_0.8-1, and after dpkg
performs the actions, aptitude re-reads the states and removes the
"reinstall" status.  In other works, working fine for me.

This is most puzzling.

Cheers.
--
Manuel A. Fernandez Montecelo <manuel.montez...@gmail.com>