I look forward to seeing what hosts and networks were analyzed in
this upcoming paper april 14th.

http://networks.eecs.qmul.ac.uk/news/tma-2014/program/

Unfortunately the video of the presentation is not (yet?) available:

https://www.lincs.fr/events/characterizing-bufferbloat-end-hosts/

But the description was promising:

Abstract

"While, on routers and gateways, buffers on forwarding devices are
required to handle bursty Internet traffic, overly large or badly
sized buffers can interact with TCP in undesirable ways. This
phenomenon is well understood and is often called bufferbloat.
Although a number of previous studies have shown that buffering
(particularly, in home) can delay packets by as much as a few seconds
in the worst case, there is less empirical evidence of tangible
impacts on end-users. In this paper, we develop a modified algorithm
that can detect bufferbloat at individual end-hosts based on passive
observations of traffic. We then apply this algorithm on packet traces
collected at 55 end- hosts, and across different network environments.
Our results show that 45 out of the 55 users we study experience
bufferbloat at least once, 40% of these users experience bufferbloat
more than once per hour. In 90% of cases, buffering more than doubles
RTTs, but RTTs during bufferbloat are rarely over one second. We also
show that web and interactive applications, which are particularly
sensitive to delay, are the applications most often affected by
bufferbloat."

I hope they clearly identify what isps and technologies were under test.

--
Dave Täht