Hi Jake (and others),

I have 4 addresses. The only one that receives spam is the one used for
the A-list. In most of the spam headers, the A-list is the relay used to
hit me (and all of you, too). Most of those guys are rookies.

Spam is no real big deal for me. I don't read email on line, so I can't
be automatically switched to their site or enrolled in their scheme. I
delete any potentially executable attachments, so that doesn't work
either. All that is left is that silly letter about money in some African
bank. Squashing them only requires hitting the delete key, so they're
just a minor inconvenience.

What is more frustrating is that access to the A-list is easy to control
and most, if not all, of the spam could be prevented with just a few key
strokes.

Bob

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 1:6:59 +0000 "J J Young"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> Funny, I received a mail from someone who is regularly receiving
> (from other sources) several of the worms aimed at Lookout Express
> users, an example of which was mailed to the Arachne List recently.
>
> Funny, because she had searched for references to the message title
>
> commonly used by this worm, and wrote to me with the prefix
> "[A-list]"
> to the worm's title. Hence, I read her message and pointed her to
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/archive/23223.html
> http://www.georgedillon.com/web/html_email_is_evil.shtml
> and other useful stuff, rather than deleting the message from the
> server without downloading it.
>
> The mail account I use for the Arachne List is heavily spammed, so
> any help in sorting the wheat from the chaff is appreciated.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Jake Young

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!