Hi everyone,

After my positive experience with ADB on a social platform that will launch
in the coming weeks (I will announce it here in case you guys want to make
some PR), I'm now evaluating ADB for the update of another social network
project I have been working on. This one is quite different in that
geo-tagged posts are shared between users and queries have to heavily rely
on geo-indexes.

The most important query (the "feed") should basically return all posts
shared to me ordered by distance from where I am. So I would imagine
something like:
FOR post in 1 INBOUND 'users/...' isSharedWith
SORT <distance from me>
RETURN post

But having a look at AQL's functions, it seems that the geo-filtering
should happen first, in something like
FOR post IN NEAR(posts, mylat, mylon, limit, distance)
LET isShared = (FOR share IN 1 INBOUND 'users/...' isSharedWith FILTER share
._id == post._id RETURN 1)
FILTER isShared != 0
SORT distance
RETURN post

My questions:
- Is it how the geo-filtering is intended to be used? or any better way to
implement that type of query?
- The *limit* factor of the NEAR function seems like a big
constraint/drawback.. Does it mean that there is no current way to create a
cursor that would eventually return all data?

Thanks in advance,
Thomas