Hi there,

im using a similar setup for development. I do run a local arangodb and
have a simlink from my dev-directory to the APP directory of my foxx app.
Setting the fox-app to devmode than basically is everything i need. If i'd
use docker to do my local development i'd set it up the same way as you
described it even though i hardly see an advantage besides the extra setup
needs and a more realistic dev-to-prod comparison :)

To alter the loglevel in the arango docker instance you are always free to
pass in launch options your self to the arangodb entrypoint eg:

docker run -d -p 5101:4001 -e ARANGO_NO_AUTH=1 --name="dbserver" \
  -v "${ROOTDIR}/prod/db1/data":/var/lib/arangodb3 \
  -v "${ROOTDIR}/prod/db1/apps":/var/lib/arangodb3-apps \
  arangodb:3.0.7 \
--log.level debug

Regards