Hello community,

In case you have not seen it yet – the RC2 of the upcoming ArangoDB 3.1 is
feature complete and ready for testing!

It comes with several improvements and new features, the list of which you
can find here
<https://www.arangodb.com/2016/10/release-candidate-2-of-arangodb-3-1/>.
There is also “a-little-something-special” feature which we introduce for
the first time – SmartGraphs. In short it enables you to shard really huge
graphs in a cluster achieving close to the same performance as on a single
instance. You will find a more detailed explanation here
<https://docs.arangodb.com/3.1.rc2/Manual/Graphs/SmartGraphs/index.html>.
As it is a completely new feature, I invite you all to give it a spin and
tell us what you like, dislike, would prefer to have differently – any
feedback is a great feedback, and we grow thanks to it. ;) It comes as part
of the ArangoDBEnterprise Edition
<https://www.arangodb.com/download-arangodb-enterprise/> which is free for
evaluation (Yes, there is a short download form; and yes, we promise to
"spam" you only a tiny little bit  :) ) Join our #feedback31
<https://slack.arangodb.com/> slack community channel to let us know what
you think.