If you like to get some insights about our further development in terms of
full-text please see: https://github.com/iresearch-toolkit/iresearch

We will integrate much more full-text capabilities and add a full-fledged
text search&ranking engine in ArangoDB 3.4 beginning of 2018.
I know this doesn't solve anything right now but maybe nice things to see
in the near future :)