Hi Ludwig,

see my response to your other e-mail for the general information.

You probably wouldn't use ArangoDB by itself as a drop-in replacement for
Firebase because it would mean exposing the general database API to the end
user. Even if you set up the permissions correctly this will make it
significantly harder to adjust your API when you need more fine-grained
controls later.

You might want to check out the Fine-grained Permissions tutorial for a
tutorial that involves writing a small Foxx service you can connect your
frontend to: https://www.arangodb.com/foxx-fine-grained-permissions/

Cheers,

Alan