Please share me your profile lchaudhary@okaya <lchaudh...@okayainfo.com>
Okaya’s client is looking for below onsite position:
Job Title: Senior Java Hadoop Developer
Location: Louisville, CO
Duration: 6 Months(Corp to Corp)
Note: For H1b -Visa copy is Must
Interview Mode: F2F is Must.
Must have Java, SQL and Hadoop experience
The Client will only consider local candidates and they would like either a
Hadoop Engineer with some Java and SQL experience or a Java Engineer w/ SQL
and some Hadoop experience. Below the position details focus more on
Hadoop, however, they will consider the Java Engineer with SQL and some
Hadoop. The client has not provided a bill rate, they said they are
flexible at this point. MUST have EXCELLENT communication skills and be
able to do an in person interview.
This team will be moving data from SQL database to Hadoop database.
• There will be 5 people on this team eventually.
• They rely a lot on collaboration and communication.
• The environment can be tough there at KBMG, but very rewarding
at the same time. Many are learning new technologies.
• Big Data/Hadoop environment.
• Good understanding of Hive and Impala is a plus!
• Solr experience is a plus! Also, exposure to Kafka is one too.
• Basic shell commands are important… if candidate has shell
scripting experience that’s even better.
• Will use Caldera to bring out clusters-
o Caldera is a software company with more than 20 years’
experience in developing, marketing and supporting high-quality
technological software for wide-format imaging, business workflow and
digital signage with a commitment to increasing productivity,
cost-efficiency and color output
o Big Data team needs to know how to do Caldera install-Might ask
how do you join 2 tables that are 100K records long?
• Want someone with experience in ETL tools-Sqoop is the best, but
will be open to others. Manager wants a person who is confident to make
recommendations, but is also flexible to use other tools. (Sqoop,
Syncsort, Pentaho Kettle)
• Manager wants someone to drive productivity.
• The right candidate feels good about open source…
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• BA or BS in Computer Science or related degree
• 3+ years overall development experience
• Excellent communication and customer service skills
• Ability to work in highly dynamic changing environment
• Demonstrates strong motivation
• Familiarity with digital advertising practices and audience
SUMMARY OF THE ROLE
As a big data engineer, you will be helping to migrate and build new
capabilities for the company’s Data Services suite of products. We are
expanding quickly into areas where scalability is key and our services need
to be delivered in near real time. You will take part in defining how we
use the various Apache Foundation Projects around Hadoop.
Currently the tightest fit of opportunities to technology is centered on
HBase, Hive, Solr, Spark or Storm, Kafka, and the supporting technologies
around gathering the data. The right candidate will know some or all of
these technologies, have the willingness to learn what they don’t know, and
a desire to build something incredible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Work with team members on the following:
• Build and deploy data collection and persistence components
• Build and deploy data aggregation, summarizations, and
potentially analytic models. Work with the SDK team to expose metrics to
our externally facing presence.
• Build and deploy high volume (frequency and size) extracts of
data to support the Data Exchange
• Design and develop application features with the goals of
maximizing performance, scalability, maintainability, quality, and
• Develop code using established OOD/OOP methodologies
• Work with development team to teach and learn best practices
through peer collaboration
• Engage in Agile team practices such as backlog grooming, release
planning, sprint planning, daily scrum meetings, and working towards
• Document code and processes clearly
• Develop unit tests and quality assurance procedures
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform
each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Skilled in developing against Java, Hadoop, HBase, Hive, Pig,
• Deep understanding of SQL and NoSQL databases
• Demonstrated experience working on large projects
• Hands-on, motivated self-starter with ability to take direction
and manage tasks with minimal supervision within an energized,
collaborative and entrepreneurial environment
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and
• Innovative and creative, able to champion new ideas and
initiatives with attention to detail
In case this position interests you please share below details to save on
you valuable time:
Pay rate expectations:
Work Authorization status:
Where Commitment Is A Passion
*4949 Express Drive North Suite 101*
*Ronkonkoma, NY 11779*
Phone : 631-267-4883 x 137
Email : lchaudhary@okaya <lchaudh...@okayainfo.com>inc.com
URL : http://www.okayainfo.com
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ONLY
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/aravindcontact.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.