On 29/06, Allan McRae wrote:
On 29/06/15 17:16, Johannes Löthberg wrote:
On 29/06, Ike Devolder wrote:
+1 for forcing build in chroot. It should be mandatory and is not hard
at all to do. There are some edgecases where a chroot will break the
building of a package, but we should be able to add 'exceptions' for
specific packages (with a flag or config).

Hmm, might be worth it to documment some semi-common issues that might
arise from building in a chroot or container. Like that with projects
using tup you have to either bind in /dev/fuse from the host into the
container, or make tup generate a shell script (through an undocummented
command..)

Is there any reason that devtools should not do that?

No, not really. Right now I build my private packages with:

testing-x86_64-build -r ~/packaging/chroots -- -d /dev/fuse -- -c
/var/cache/pacman/pkg

But it would be easy to either add a flag to archbuild to add that makechrootpkg argument, or add it to makechrootpkg instead.

--
Sincerely,
 Johannes Löthberg