On Wed, 26 Aug 2020 at 01:11, Eli Schwartz via arch-dev-public
<arch-dev-public@archlinux.org> wrote:
> The information cannot be replaced and is not redundant. But it might be
> that no one actually cares about the information. On the other hand, is
> it bothersome to have it there anyway?

All right, I'm withdrawing my proposal based on Lukas' feedback and
yours. Thank you both for bringing up the lack of contributor
information when packages move from or to the AUR (or even outside of
Arch). While I have never found a use for the maintainer and
contributor lines, they may matter to some people either as
recognition of their contribution or for some practical application I
can't think of.