On 4/2/24 9:14 AM, Robin Candau wrote:
On April 1, 2024 12:09:47 PM UTC, Robin Candau <an...@archlinux.org> wrote:

    On 3/25/24 9:10 AM, Robin Candau wrote:

        Hi everyone,

        I'm writing this mail as proposal to increase the default
        `vm.max_map_count` value in Arch Linux.

    It's been a week since this proposal thread [1] was made. For now it
    only received a few but all positives feedback (both from staff
    members and users in a related thread on arch-general [2]).

    Do we have any more thoughts anyone wants to share?

    Also, if we are to implement this change, anyone has an opinion
    about which package should provide it? So far, the following
    packages have been mentioned:
    - systemd (as Fedora did)
    - procps-ng (as Ubuntu did)
    - filesystem

    Given that the proposal goes through, I'll create the MR to the
    chosen package accordingly. Also, despite this change being
    impact-free (as far as we can tell), I think a related news item to
    inform users about this change would be a great idea (I'll write
    that as well).

    Please, share your opinion about the change itself or the best
    package to provide it if you have any :)

    [1]
https://lists.archlinux.org/archives/list/arch-dev-public@lists.archlinux.org/thread/5GU7ZUFI25T2IRXIQ62YYERQKIPE3U6E/ <https://lists.archlinux.org/archives/list/arch-dev-public@lists.archlinux.org/thread/5GU7ZUFI25T2IRXIQ62YYERQKIPE3U6E/>
    [2]
https://lists.archlinux.org/archives/list/arch-gene...@lists.archlinux.org/thread/7X2LRLDCR3L3JMKBM6ZJYUKCXJ6A36QL/ <https://lists.archlinux.org/archives/list/arch-gene...@lists.archlinux.org/thread/7X2LRLDCR3L3JMKBM6ZJYUKCXJ6A36QL/>