On 04/15/2010 12:02 PM, David C. Rankin wrote:
Guys,

After the latest openssl updates, the AUR packages for createrepo and repoview
are failing. I know it must be the result of the openssl changes.

"ImportError: libssl.so.0.9.8: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory"

seems to be the primary error. I am not familiar enough with openssl to know if
this can be cured by a simple rebuild, a symlink, or whether the openssl changes
were significant enough to require a reworking of the AUR package by the
maintainer. What say the gurus?

I don't know those packages, so can't speak intelligently about them specifically.

As to the general question, though:

1) Try rebuilding the packages. If you're lucky they'll build against the new ssl.

2) If not, install the openssl-compatibility package from AUR. It provides openssl 0.9.8. Repeat step 1.

And of course if you had to resort to step 2, you should probably enter a comment on the packages' AUR pages about the problem.

HTH,

DR