On 07/04/2010 10:48 PM, Nathan Wayde wrote:
On 04/07/10 21:35, Rickard Eriksson wrote:
Cut from the forum where my co-admin first put this up, however it got
closed with reason "trolling"...

This mirror will shut down in the upcoming days.

Few funny facts:

* We never got contacted by anyone before we got added in the official
mirror list. We just posted this thread and all of the sudden it
appeared. No verification of whom we were and what our intension were.

* ArchLinux is fundamentally unscalable in the package manager aspect.

* ArchLinux puts the trust in the hands of every mirror owner and their
security. ftp.archlinux.se is the prime example of a machine vulnerable
to all sorts of things. This affect YOUR security. This is why it's
being put down. If the ArchLinux authors would start signing packages
this would not be a risk to you.

* We posted a suggestion of this in 2006.
http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/5331 -- This is 4 years of insecurity.

* We recommend all of you to switch to a distribution caring about user
security and atleast signs their packages. Most RPM and APT based
distros does this (Ubuntu, Debian, RedHat, CentOS, SuSE, OpenSuSE, etc
etc etc).

Have fun. :-)

Yours,

Mikael & Rickard

It's true, you are trolling.

I'm afraid not, the hostnames has already been removed and the server is being shutdown. However, I guess you could call the suggestions trolling of some kind however..

Best regards
Rickard Eriksson