On 19 August 2010 22:53, Heiko Baums <li...@baums-on-web.de> wrote:
> Am Tue, 17 Aug 2010 19:52:11 +0800
> schrieb Ray Rashif <schivmeis...@gmail.com>:
>
>> Just run this from the makepkg build dir:
>>
>> grep -R "$(pwd)/src" pkg/
>
> I've done this with my package kernel26-fbcondecor, which is kernel26
> with just one additional patch and with slightly modified config files,
> and it gave me a lot of matches in modules and several scripts, which
> are not related to the fbcondecor patch and the modifications.
>
> So is there a bug in kernel26? Or can this be ignored?

Can be safely ignored.

Some (or most) builds record the build-time directories for
informational/referential purposes. A user brought up this one in an
AUR comment:

$ strings /lib/modules/2.6.35-ARCH/kernel/arch/x86/kernel/cpu/cpufreq/mperf.ko
/home/tobias/Arch/svn/svn-packages/kernel26/trunk/src/linux-2.6.35/arch/x86/include/asm/processor.h

If it's not a binary, you can edit it to remove that information (if
you happen to see it during runtime; otherwise leave it alone). Other
cases where this is actually significantly annoying is when a warning
about the directory not being found is output to stderr unnecessarily.
That is when we should really file an upstream report.

--
GPG/PGP ID: B42DDCAD