On 06/15/2011 02:41 PM, David C. Rankin wrote:
Guys

When installing packages into an archroot with the '-I' option to makechrootpkg is there any way to also pass the '--noconfirm' option to pacman? I have tried a couple of different ways to pass it after the -I option, but so far it is a no go. I'm trying to automate the trinity build in an archroot, but having to confirm each install after the module build is preventing this. What say the experts?

You're doing this incorrectly.
Setup a repo that is reachable in the chroot
then

( sudo /usr/sbin/mkarchroot -u ${_chroot}/root 2>&1 | tee ${_date}build.log && exit ${PIPESTATUS} ) ( sudo /usr/sbin/makechrootpkg -c -r ${_chroot} 2>&1 | tee -a ${_date}build.log && exit ${PIPESTATUS} )

The first mkarchroot updates the chroot system and the second builds the package, when they are are built you are ready to install to the host system. I do not recommend installing the trinity packages to the chroot, the PKGBUILD file should pull them in automagically if it is written correctly.

See my automated trinity build system for pointers. I wrap the whole thing in a Makefile which builds the entire trinity desktop ( if needed ).
$ make trinity is all that is then needed.