On 07/06/2011 02:00 PM, David Rosenstrauch wrote:
On 07/06/2011 01:46 PM, D. R. Evans wrote:
Guillaume Brunerie said the following at 07/04/2011 11:01 AM :
It seems you have an Intel graphics card and that the driver does not
want
to start.

Have you read the page https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Intel ?
In particular you need to install the package xf86-video-intel and
you need
to enable KMS to run X.

Yes, I have read that page. I don't know what part of it you are
suggesting
is important and which I have failed to follow.

1. xf86-video-intel *is* installed.

How about the intel-dri package? If not, try installing that. (And then
restarting X.)

If that doesn't work, email back. I use Intel graphics here ... might be
able to help you through this.

DR

Also, not sure if this matters, but it looks like you don't have any Xorg fonts installed. Try installing xorg-fonts-100dpi and xorg-fonts-75dpi and see if that helps.

DR