On 06/12/2012 10:19 PM, Kacper Żuk wrote:
W dniu 12.06.2012 21:59, Arno Gaboury pisze:
After some reading across the forum, I see I am not the only one with
this issue. my /usr and /boot are both on a separate partition from /.
It seems this cause the issue.
As far as I can understand, the solution seems to add the Hook back and
rebuilt the image.

Is this correct??

How can I do that? Form a live cd? Or can I do anything from Ubuntu?

If that's the issue, you can mount your root partition in Ubuntu, chroot to it (read Change Root article on archwiki), edit and run .
As I have /usr on a separate partition, following your instructions solved my issue (the filesystem was not mounted at boot). With a live CD, I edited /etc/mkinitcpio.conf and added usr shutdown to the HOOKS line, then chroot, following the wiki, and run mkinitcpio -p linux.

Now I can login my box :-)

Maybe this workaround could be added to the Archlinux home page news : systemd-tools, as it could avoid this issue to all users with a separate /usr ?