pe, 2012-06-22 kello 14:34 -0400, Chris Jones kirjoitti:
> I created a grub menu entry for ‘archlinux-2011.08.19-core-dual.iso’ and
> booted successfully.. but afaict.. it only lets me run the installer.

What do you mean it only lets you run the installer? Our isos are full
livecds. Once you boot the cd you have a fullfledget readonly arch
system, altought you can install stuff to ram, but due to the fact that
the current isos are so old and Arch is rolling release you would most
likely have to install everysingle package as update before being able
to install something new.....

Just login as root and start bagging in sed and awk clauses to the
console ^_^ should work.