Hi David,

On Sat, Jul 14, 2012 at 8:01 AM, David C. Rankin
<drankina...@suddenlinkmail.com> wrote:
> Devs,

I should point out that most devs are not subscribed to this ML.

>   There is either a bug in Arch's packaging of glibc/rpcgen or it is upstream.
> rpcgen was removed from glibc a while back and then was put back in when
> libtirpc wasn't ready for use. Given this failure, after much investigation,
> it
> was discovered that the rpcgen in glibc on arch searches for cpp in:
>
> (1) /lib/cpp
> (2) /usr/ccs/lib/cp  (really...?)
>
>   Neither of which are present on Arch any longer leading to the tdebase build
> failure. To fix the problem all I did was create a symlink in the archroot for
> /lib/cpp->/usr/bin/cpp. Now tdebase builds just fine.
>
>   I know the /lib/cpp link disappeared somewhere between June 4, 2012 and July
> 8, 2012 because tdebase was building fine on 6/4 and then failed beginning
> around 7/8.
>
>   With all the changes to glibc 2.16 I don't know if this missing link is an
> arch packaging issue or upstream. Regardless, it is a problem that affects
> packages relying on rpcgen.

I don't know this package too well, but a priori it sounds like a bug.
If it has not yet been filed, I suggest opening a report at
bugs.archlinux.org, that way someone will look into it.

Cheers,

Tom