On 07/20/2012 10:27 AM, D. R. Evans wrote:
Norbert Zeh said the following at 07/19/2012 06:08 PM :

Well, the filesystem instructions are older and applied at the time the glibc
upgrade was not an issue yet.  Combining the two instructions, I would guess the
following should work:

pacman -Syu --ignore filesystem --ignore glibc
pacman -S --force filesystem --ignore glibc
pacman -Sd <everything you couldn't upgrade due to ignored glibc>
Incidentally, this is quite a long list.
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/DeveloperWiki:usrlib seems to suggest
that the list will contain only a few items, but the actual number is of the
order a couple of dozen packages.

pacman -Su

Note that I did not try this, but it seems to be the logical combination of the
two.  Maybe one of the developers can chime in and confirm that this is the
right strategy.
I am rather reticent to try something untested, especially when I see the
--force option in use. So yes, PLEASE, can a developer address this issue so
that I can have more confidence that I won't end up with a hosed system.

(I am very puzzled as to why this is happening at all. This is not a system to
which anything fancy has ever been done. If I'm having this problem, I don't
know why lots of others aren't seeing it too.)

   Doc

I had this problem on the few remaining arch desktop boxes that I admin.

I fixed those by installing Fedora 17, the server boxes were "fixed" by my own distro...LFS and pacman-3.3.3 as the package manager.