On 08/13/2012 07:56 AM, Tom Gundersen wrote:
On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 8:53 AM, Oon-Ee Ng <ngoonee.t...@gmail.com> wrote:
On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 2:12 PM, Tom Gundersen <t...@jklm.no> wrote:
On Aug 13, 2012 3:17 AM, "Kevin Chadwick" <ma1l1i...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
I've been wondering lately whether there is a good reason why even udev
violates the "one thing and do it well" principle set forth by the
co worker of the designer of C and Unix as it not only dynamically
creates devices like mdev does but also hotplugging like hotplugd on
OpenBSD. Hopefully there is a config option or you would need an
alternative if you want static dev files and hotplugging.
This is completely wrong. Udev does not create any device nudes.

Tom
I'd hope not, there's under-age users of Linux to consider.
Lol. Damn phone.

-t

Yea right that's what you said the last time ;)