I haven't been diligently following the mailing list, so perhaps I missed this. But given the recent "systemd is now the default on new installations" announcement, I'm wondering: what's the reasons for Arch making systemd the default going forward? The systemd wiki page gives a lot of technical information, but doesn't really clarify any of the motivations behind the move.

Note: this msg is not any criticism of the Arch devs (I haven't yet formed *any* opinion on systemd), or intended to start a flamewar about the pros and cons of the switch. So just a simple RTFM response like "see this mailing list thread for background" would be perfect.

Thanks,

DR