On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 04:50:54PM -0400, Francis Gerund via arch-general wrote:
> Rather than telling us how our community *should* work, why don't you
>
> > make some effort to learn how it actually *does* work?
> > https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Code_of_conduct#Arch_
> > Linux_distribution_support_ONLY
> >
> > /J
> >
> > --
> >
> > http://jasonwryan.com/
> > GPG: 7817 E3FF 578E EEE1 9F64 D40C 445E 52EA B1BD 4E40
> >

> Jason,
>
> Thank you for the link to the "Code of Conduct, etc.".
>
> USA, 1850:
> "Rather than telling us how our country *should not* have slavery, why
> don't you make some effort to learn that it actually *does* have slavery?"
> (And that the US Supreme Court said that is okay.)
>
> :)

Couple of points:

1. Arch is not a democracy. See the "Respect the Staff" entry in the
code of conduct.

2. Your comparison to slavery is completely uncalled for. Banning the
dicussion of unsupported software is no where close to a human rights
violation. Please discuss matters without ridiculous hyperbole.

3. Operating this mailing list, the forums, IRC channels, etc. costs
both time and money. Thus, the maintainers of these avenues of discourse
have every right to dictate what can or cannot be discussed on them. If
you want to help users of unsupported installers, don't do it on Arch's
dime.

--Sean