PS:

I wanted to know, if there's the need to add a melody file ...

[rocketmouse@archlinux ~]$ brltty-tune --help
Usage: brltty-tune [option ...] note... | -f [{file | -}...]
-f            --files         Use files rather than command line arguments.
-v loudness   --volume=       Output volume (percentage).
-d device     --device=       Name of tune device.
-i instrument --instrument=   Name of MIDI instrument.
-h            --help          Print a usage summary (commonly used options
                              only), and then exit.
-H            --full-help     Print a usage summary (all options), and then
                              exit.

... regarding the MIDI instrument I now have doubts that it does use
the PC speaker beep.

[rocketmouse@archlinux ~]$ man brltty-tune
No manual entry for brltty-tune

--