On 2017-01-05 13:31+0000, Emil Lundberg via arch-general wrote:
That was excessive, Ralf. Arch may be a DIY distro, but that doesn't mean
we should humiliate and belittle people who don't already know everything
about the system.

Tim: I'm sorry you got that response. A "group" in pacman is an alias for a
bunch of packages, you install it just as if the group was an ordinary
package.
Thanks for the help and thank you for saying that. :)

Actually there was typo of the command I issued, then I thought I missed something thus started this thread.

/Emil

On Thu, 5 Jan 2017, 13:24 Ralf Mardorf, <silver.bul...@zoho.com> wrote:

On Thu, 5 Jan 2017 20:16:32 +0800, Tim Ye via arch-general wrote:
>I read a Arch Linux wiki page says one can "install a group":
>
>    "Install the xfce4 group."
>
>how can I do that?

Actually I shouldn't have replied to your request and instead ban your
email address.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/pacman#Installing_package_groups

You already were reading the Wiki and needed to ask this question, while
your chosen distro is Arch Linux, not Ubuntu?

More information about handling groups could be found by

  $ man pacman | grep group

Regards,
Ralf

- Tim