On Thu, Feb 16, 2017 at 11:20:58AM +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> If I want to maintain the other Linux in a systemd-nspawn container, I
> won't be able to upgrade the kernel anymore [1]. Is there a workaround
> for this, too? Perhaps I'm just using systemd-nspawn incorrect :D. I
> should read more about systemd-nspawn ;).

If your linux installation has a non-trivial fstab, for instance separate /var
or /var/log, I don't think a container would even boot because the devices
/dev/sdXY are not there. So, you'll need to find a way to properly mount all
necessary filesystems inside the container.

I have never used nspawn, but the above is possible with LXC because one can
write a container configuration file. If nspawn has a decent configuration
syntax, then good...

I also wouldn't make a habit of maintaining another linux distro like that
especially if it is systemd-based. Systemd may not run smth if it detect a
container virtualization.

Cheers,
--
Leonid Isaev