On 06/26/2017 12:22 PM, Jérôme M. Berger wrote:
On 06/26/2017 04:32 PM, David Rosenstrauch wrote:
My guess is because I have many KDE packages installed, even though I'm
not running KDE.  (My DE is XFCE.)

I did that grep, but didn't see anything suspicious:

[darose@darosedm services]$ find . -type f | xargs grep notify

        Wrong grep. Try:
grep org.freedesktop.Notifications -r /usr/share/dbus-1/services

and especially:
grep org.kde.knotifications -r /usr/share/dbus-1/services

        The second one in particular should not return anything but I'm betting
in your case it will...

Yes, you're correct:

$ grep org.freedesktop.Notifications -r /usr/share/dbus-1/services
/usr/share/dbus-1/services/org.kde.plasma.Notifications.service:Name=org.freedesktop.Notifications
/usr/share/dbus-1/services/org.kde.plasma.Notifications.service:Exec=/usr/bin/plasma_waitforname org.freedesktop.Notifications
/usr/share/dbus-1/services/org.xfce.xfce4-notifyd.Notifications.service:Name=org.freedesktop.Notifications

Any idea how to resolve the conflict between these 2 notification services? (Without being forced to remove half of KDE?)

For example, dbus seems to be selecting the kde plasma notification service to respond to the org.freedesktop.Notifications service messages, rather than the XFCE one. Would you know if there's a way to disable the plasma service, or tell dbus that the xfce one should have a higher priority?

Thanks,

DR

Thanks,

DR