On 09/19/2017 09:36 PM, Marc Boocha via arch-general wrote:
> I am unable to send to arch-dev-public for some reason so i am send my
> reply to arch general.

You need to be whitelisted to post on arch-dev-public, since its purpose
is to offer a publicly *readable* medium for the Developers, Trusted
Users, and support staff to coordinate, notify each other about
vacations, discuss maintenance, policy, proposed packaging changes, etc.

You can get whitelisted by joining the collective group of Developers,
Trusted Users, and support staff. ;)

arch-general, meanwhile, remains free for users to, among other things,
discuss among themselves the effects of arch-dev-public discussions.

> I think the filesystem can be split, the sysuser/tempfile will be in the
> independent package.

I don't think the answer is to split the packages we do have into more
packages... -_-

The filesystem package is fine the way it is. Splitting
sysusers/tmpfiles into an independent package only makes sense insomuch
as splitting the files and users they create would have made sense prior
to moving these to /usr/share/factory/ etc. -- why all of a sudden now
do you think they should be split out? And what practical benefit do you
think this has?

--
Eli Schwartz