Op 12 okt. 2017 20:05 schreef "siefke_lis...@web.de" <siefke_lis...@web.de>:

On Thu, 12 Oct 2017 12:00:18 -0400
David Rosenstrauch <dar...@darose.net> wrote:

> cron + pssh?

Sounds good okay cron I not need but pssh sounds great. But at end I
become only

siefke@sisibox ~ $ pssh -h .config/pssh-hosts -P yaourt -Suy
[1] 20:03:54 [FAILURE] host1 Exited with error code 255

[...]

Good case, wrong solution, IMHO.

With remote execution, you want to use tested commands which only error if
there really is something wrong.

It's the cattle vs pets approach  (check Google, little time to type right
now). Yaourt is a "pet" problem.
A better approach would be to have a custom repro, where you place the
pkg's that were compiled  (and tested!) on a workstation/dev server.

When the actions become more complex, write a script and use pssh (or other
execution tool) to execute that script. The script should be able to handle
the small exceptions one can expect; ). At least, that is my preferred
modus operandi.

Just my two cents.

Mvg, Guus Snijders