On 02/23/2018 07:03 AM, Xorg via arch-general wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I hope it's the good mailing list to request package update (the bug
> tracker only says 'the Mailing List'), and I'm sorry if I'm wrong.
>
> VLC has been flagged out-of-date on 2018-02-07 (2 weeks ago).
> Can you update it to v3.0.0, please?
>
> Thank you in advance!
>
> PS: Sorry for task #57595.

VLC is already updated.

It is currently in staging.

it is a non-trivial change, and there were other bugs that had to be
resolved during the update.

https://git.archlinux.org/svntogit/packages.git/commit/trunk?h=packages/vlc&id=8fcde2c5cf91a0472781dc791ed97388e32947d2

Yes, sometimes even Arch Linux takes longer than 47 minutes after an
upstream release to update packages. Two weeks for a major version
update that changes lots of dependencies including a move from Qt4 to
Qt5, *and* provides libraries against which *other* packages need to be
rebuilt? Yeah, this takes time.

--
Eli Schwartz
Bug Wrangler and Trusted User