Em abril 16, 2018 8:20 Jeanette C. via arch-general escreveu:
Hey hey,
how would I best adapt Grub's configuration file (gurb.cfg)?

The usecase: I use Grub's play command to play different melodies for different entries and one when Grub is ready to be used. The reason behind it: I'm blind and like to know quite early on what is happening.

Where would I best put these changes so they will survive Grub updates and regeneration of the config file?

Thanks and best wishes,

Hi Jeanette,

You can use the /etc/grub.d directory for this. Depending on how you implement
this,
you can use any file that does not come by default.

Regards,
Giancarlo Razzolini