On 12/24/19 9:04 AM, Ralph Corderoy wrote:
Hi DR,

Recently, a couple of KDE apps I use - most notably kalarm - have gotten
their fonts screwed up.  I usually use non-antialiased fonts.

As in bitmap fonts?  Could it be anything to do with KDE's adjustment
for the Pango change that dropped support for bitmap fonts?
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/pango/issues/386

No this isn't due to bitmap fonts. The font in question is a TTF. (Arial from ttf-ms-fonts.)

Issue seems to be that after upgrading to qt 5.14.0, kalarm ignores the settings to not antialias the font. When I downgrade back to 5.13.2, the problem goes away.

DR