Em agosto 14, 2020 9:57 Riccardo Paolo Bestetti escreveu:

The output from OpenVPN indicates that the client is started within the first
few seconds from when I give the `systemctl start openvpn-client@whatever`
command (see previous email). The tun interface is created, opened, the routes
are received and added to the routing table. All the usual stuff. Of course, I
can also reach remote hosts through the VPN after that.

The exact same thing (& output) happens if I try to start OpenVPN manually from
the command line. Minus, of course, the two-minutes wait before the command returns.

Again, use the openvpn log capabilities. I'd recommend a verbose of at least 3,
for starters.

I also forgot to specify it also happens when the system has been up for hours.
It really can't be that the network is not ready.

Are you using --daemon on your openvpn config file?

I don't think there's anything much that could be disturbing it. I'm using
systemd-networkd for everything + iwd for wireless.

Well, you can paste your configuration (minus keys and user/auth).

Regards,
Giancarlo Razzolini