On 11/12/20 6:46 PM, David Rosenstrauch wrote:
On 11/12/20 12:36 PM, riveravaldez via arch-general wrote:
On 11/12/20, David Rosenstrauch <dar...@darose.net> wrote:
Perhaps this is just me, but it feels like Firefox has gotten super slow
/ hogging lots of CPU recently.  Anyone else seeing this? And/or know
what might be causing it?  (Some recent upgrade to the package perhaps?)

Just in case, if you're using the Sync function, it takes some time and CPU work at start up, I usually open Firefox and check until that syncing is done.

Best regards.

I don't use sync'ing.  I'm guessing this must be something having to do with Firefox 82 though.

DR

FWIW I am experiencing the same, slowness of firefox especially when starting up.

I have also firefox version 82.0.3 but the apparent slowness was also present in earlier versions.

I am using firefox under windows 10.

If cleaning the profile did help please notify us on the list.

~Z